Beautiful greeting card based on original Japanese art by Koson Ohara (1877–1945). Suitable for all occasions.
- A6 size greeting card 148mm x 105mm
- Quality pearlescent paper giving a beautiful shimmering effect
- Hand finished rounded corners
- Blank inside for your own message
- Hand packed with white envelope in a cello bag
Description on the reverse: In Japan, the monkey’s role in guarding against demons and being regarded as a sacred animal originates from the Japanese word for monkey, ‘saru’ which is a homonym for the Japanese word ‘expel’ (also pronounced saru). The latter word means to ‘dispel’, ‘punch out’ or ‘push away’. According to the legends of Japan’s Mt. Hiei shrine-temple, this makes the monkey an ‘expeller of demons’ and remover of misfortunes. The bamboo, which is also present in the image is traditionally regarded as a symbol of good luck.
Complete the occasion with a Chi Yu Gift Card