Beautiful greeting card based on original Japanese art by Koson Ohara (1877–1945). Suitable for all occasions.
- A6 size greeting card 148mm x 105mm
- Quality pearlescent paper giving a beautiful shimmering effect
- Hand finished rounded corners
- Blank inside for your own message
- Hand packed with white envelope in a cello bag
Description on the reverse: The Japanese word for monkey, ‘saru’, is a homonym for the Japanese word ‘expel’ (also pronounced saru), meaning ‘dispel’ or ‘push away’. This has given the monkey a sacred symbolism as a guardian against negativity and misfortune. The persimmon is used as a symbol of transformation. The green persimmon transforms from being acrid and bitter, ripening to its full sweetness. In buddhism it relates the ignorance of people transforming into wisdom.
Complete the occasion with a Chi Yu Gift Card